After surviving the biggest challenge of our time (COVID-19) Stay22 is looking for a Director of Engineering to help us grow responsibly from both technical and people-related standpoints. In this role, you'll be given the opportunity to have a large amount of impact and autonomy as you'll be responsible for providing guidance and direction to software engineering teams.
Your day to day
- Work closely with product management and design to set a strategic direction for your team.
- Hire and build an engineering team that is inspired by the mission and vision you set for the team.
- Work with engineers to define career goals and align their ambitions with relevant projects and tasks
- Improve the scalability and efficiency of our codebases
- Collaborate with other teams to get ahead of cross-team dependencies
- Set the direction of your team; anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful planning, both from a personnel and technical standpoint
- Foster a collaborative, ambitious, and outcome-driven culture that embodies our values.
- Use your strong technical background to discuss and guide on complex problems
- Demonstrate curiosity, team spirit, thoroughness, and resourcefulness (Loves to learn !!!!)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Portfolio of products and solutions that demonstrate the technical expertise
Strong programming experience with
- Knowledge of: MongoDb, Redis, NodeJS, Big O notation, GitHub,
- Experience with data structures: (Array, hashmap, set, linkedlist, binary tree etc.)
- Experience any UI framework; such as React, Vue or Angular.
- CI/CD pipeline and QE automation tools
- Past experience with DevOps, and high availability systems
- Test-Driven Development
- Behaviour Driven Development
Apply now, if you want to actively take part in an amazing startup journey.