Data Scientist / BI Engineer
Stay22 is looking for a Data Scientist / BI Engineer that can help own the full lifecycle of all of our products. You will bring your creativity, cleverness and technology prowess to our solutions. We are a fast-growing company and are seeking a bold innovator to jump on board with us.
The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to dive head first into a funded startup and build the next phase of Stay22 products that includes data-driven, context-aware experiences from the ground up.
As Data Scientist / BI Engineer, you contribute to the development and use of means, tools and methods to collect, consolidate, model and visualize company data. All this, with the aim of establishing governance, offering decision support and providing an overview of the activity covered.
Your role will be to analyze and model problems and situations related to your field to extract insights using a blend of 3rd party services and internally developed tools. You will provide support to the other members of your team on their various projects. You will participate in the development of opinions and appropriate implementation plans based on the results of your analysis.
This year we are planning to create a new dimension to our core product and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help put in place the intelligence our technology needs to put it in a class of its own.
TravelTech is going places, and you will be in the front seat to build the next generation of stay experiences for event-goers across the globe.
Role and responsibilities
- Own your role on our Product Delivery team in delivering core insights, either through 3rd party AI data models, or developed in house
- Support our software developers, future database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and ensure optimal data and models (in-house or 3rd party) architecture throughout ongoing projects
- Provide tools and methods to collect, analyze, and provide insights to the Product team and company at large for business related services
- Keeping in the spirit of helpfulness and collaboration, help provide team coaching and functional mentorship to team members
- Help support project estimation, planning, pricing, and proposal delivery to use data-driven insights to integrate with our products.
- Collaborate with designers and product owners in creating and implementing project work in a Scrum team environment
- Stay up-to-date with new/emerging technologies to implement improved practices or to overcome technical issues
- BS degree or equivalent studies + experience in mathematics, statistics, engineering or any other equivalent training
- 2+ years of relevant experience in data sciences and tools/methods needed to collect, transform, analyze and produce insights, useful to integrate with web development projects
- Portfolio of projects and solutions that demonstrate the technical abilities
- Knowledge of different types of data (structured and unstructured) and their appropriate modeling
- Professional or academic experience in the application of machine learning algorithms and deep learning with supervised and unsupervised data (asset)
- Experience in extracting and handling large batches of data
- Please note that other combinations of relevant training and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of using advanced data science techniques (statistical modeling, machine learning or data visualization)
- Knowledge of big data technologies (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Cassandra, Spark, etc.) and advanced analytics (Azure Machine Learning, Google Cloud Machine Learning, SAS Grid, Splunk, etc.) (asset)
- Master one or more of the main analytical programming languages (Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with Version Controlled data pipelines (Pachyderm)
Preferred personal characteristics
- Natural ability to collaborate, to help others, to teach others
- A high level of autonomy and discipline
- A high sense of accountability and professionalism
- Leaving things better than how you found them, as a personal philosophy
Is the Role a Fit for You?
The Data Scientist / BI Engineer role emphasizes team collaboration, driven by clean data and quality insights. You'll find fulfillment in the role if you
- You relish in unleashing the power of data. You love the concept of going beyond the theory and love to marry data-derived intelligence to products used by people every day in ways they never knew were possible. Truly making products people love and want to use.
- You find passion in new challenges and want to help others around ramp up.
- You grasp every chance to learn and move things forward with your can-do attitude and take ownership of your role by bringing things to life.
Stay22 is a startup that helps organizers improve the overall experience of their participants through a platform that makes it easy to search for accommodations near an event.
Whether it's a large-scale video game convention, a local beer festival or an international conference on commerce and creativity, for example, Stay22 is present to make the experience of searching for accommodations enjoyable, for both organizers and participants.
Why join Stay22?
- A lively work environment and in a challenging position
- Jump in one of the fastest-growing startups in Montreal
- The opportunity to travel for professional events
- Have a key role in the growth of the company
- A work-life friendly startup
- Group insurance
- Walking distance from Mont-Royal metro station, and right on Mont-Royal avenue, with all the services around
- Diverse team activities
- An awesome team of hustlers, thinkers and extraordinary humans to work hard and play hard with!
Apply now if you want to actively take part in an amazing startup journey.